corkboard's avatar

corkboard

• Joined Mar 12, 2012
  • ? / ?

Episodes 1-4

The first four episodes are pretty standard fare: a bevy of cookie cutter hotties in various states of undress beating each other up in pursuit of a vague prize.  The animation looks dated, the soundtrack is forgetable, and the writers seem unconcerned with whether or not you feeling anything for the characters.  Still, as mind-numbing media goes, it isn't a terrible way to waste a couple hours.

Episode 5

The finale is a beast all it's own.  The attempt to infuse the previous episodes with meaning through series of twists and monologic self-reflections fails miserably.  At its best, I got bored with the attempt to make a meaningless series somehow deep. More often, the absurdity of it all gave me a headache.  It was especially pointless to see so many of the characters you didn't care about to begin with die in rapid succession in some kind of vapid ecchi version of the conclusion of Hamlet.

My recommendation: watch the first four episodes and then drop the series.  The last thirty minutes will seem like an eternity otherwise.