corkboard's avatar

corkboard

• Joined Mar 12, 2012
  • ? / ?

It's really a shame, because this is one of the most beautifully drawn manga I've read in a long time (if you can call graphic depictions of dismemberment beautiful).  There is a lot of compelling imagery here, and the story starts out with some really intruiging set up and characters.  About halfway through, however, it becomes confusing, rushed, and predictable.  All the best plot elements, all the most ominous characters, just sort of fade into the background.  You get some hastily conceived back story, some more or less useless revelations, and then a shallow effort to tie everything up into a neat little happy-ending (?) bow.

Luckily, this is a short one, so the art kept me interested long enough to keep reading after the story had become absolutely worthless.  It is worth perusing for that alone, but if you find yourself saying, "This started so good, I'm sure it will get good again if I just keep reading" then you're deluding yourself.  The story peaks in chapter one and by chapter three they are already introducing confusing and useless information.  Know what you're getting into.