colourmyworld's avatar

• Joined Aug 6, 2010
  • ? / F

Fruits Basket

Dec 24, 2011

I read the manga first, so I guess I am pretty biased. However, I really just don't think that the anime was as good as it could have been.

First off, it was much too short. Yes, short animes are always fantastic, don't get me wrong - but in this case, I wouldn't have minded watching another 30ish episodes.

Second, it didn't follow the manga very closely. Sometimes it's better not to follow it exactly, but in this case, it made the story confusing for me. I feel like they cut out so many important factors that it just didn't work.

The animation was pretty good, but it didn't make up for the lack of a sturdy plot and the confusion caused cutting out 9ish volumes of information from the manga.

crypticdarkness says...

You have to take in a note that the manga was not finished while the anime was made and released. also a revamp of it would nice following the manga like in fullmetal alchemist. your not going to have to let manga take such a huge effect when your reviewing and rating a anime it should take a small factor but not such a big one. also go into more detail instead of barely one paragraph.

Apr 17, 2012