chii

Parasite Dolls

7 OCT
2009

I went into this expecting mediocer stuff. but i got an amazing story about robots and how humans react to the situation the future has brought them. These robots are called Boomers and they look, feel, and do everything like a human can do. Suprisingly being from the earlt 2000's it has a lot of sex in it. A lot of the Boomers they had hanging around were sex "slaves" or whatever.

Anyway the story is rather cliche being humans don't overly like the Boomers and murders start occuring. While people on both sides of the love/hate of Boomers fight over the rights of them. The characters in this anime were very amazingly believable in their rolls.

For something that has been done before it was still a wonderful watch and i highly recommend it to anyone that loves shows about furtristic earth with robots and whatnot. It kept giving me a bladerunner feel to it if that sells people on picking this up. :)

Other Anime Reviews by chii

Jinki:Extend user review by chii

Jinki:Extend

Hidamari Sketch user review by chii

Hidamari Sketch

Loveless user review by chii

Loveless

comments

chii avatar chii
Feb 6, 2013

yes that's exactly right. since it is in the same universe as bubblegum they kept things like it should have looked. also some shows in the 2000's do tend to look like they were made in the 90's because there's always some bleedover from decade to decade that hangs around in the earlier half

Minai99 avatar Minai99
Feb 6, 2013

You know, I happened to find this earlier today, and intend to watch it. I don't expect much in the way of story, but what surprised me about it is the animation, actually. More specifically, if someone had just shown me the show without giving a date, based off of the artstyle I would have immediately said it was made in the 90s. But it's from 2003! Comparing it to other shows like FMA: Fumoffu, GITS: SAC, Gundam Seed e.g., all of which sport  the simplified character designs, big eyes, and glossy look that seems so common in the 2000s, I find it hard to believe that it isn't from the 90s. Any ideas, chii? Is it perhaps because its origins are from the bubblegum crisis universe, and so they made a decided effort to give it the classic 90s cyberpunk look?