chihinoke22's avatar

• South Florida
  • Joined Dec 26, 2009

Fruits Basket

Jan 5, 2011

~My dreams were ruined!!!!!! WARNING!! Don't let this happen to you.~

Comedy

Drama

Fantasy? (for me anyway)

.....but then it all goes down hill. Why?......

BECAUSE MY STUPID FRIENDS RUINED IT FOR ME!!!!!, but even after they ruined the ending, I kept on reading because I hadn't figured out all the characters yet and I wanted to know how they were. Once I found out I just tossed it to the side and said done.

Story: A young, clueless, spirited little lady, Tohru Honda, loses her mother and ends up into a position of living at the bottom of a hill in a tent near the young "prince" Yuki's home. She ends up into a messy situation and has to live with him and his cousin(?) Shigure. Once she's moved in all the other members of the Sohma family, mostly the juunin, ends up meeting her in various ways with various surprises.

I'm not trying to put any spoilers, so I'll stop there in that section, but the only thing I will spoil is the characters.

Characters: In order of Tohru meeting them (help me if I get them wrong)

• Yuki Sohma_the Rat
  • Shigure Sohma_the Dog
  • Kyo Sohma_the Cat
  • Kagura Sohma_the Boar
  • Momiji Sohma_the Rabbit
  • Hatori Sohma_the Dragon
  • Hatsuharu Sohma_the Ox
  • Akito Sohma_unknown at the time when Tohru meets him/her, but he/she is the God
  • Ayame Sohma_the Snake
  • Kisa Sohma_the Tiger
  • Hiro Sohma_the Sheep
  • Ritsu Sohma_the Monkey
  • Isuzu Sohma (Rin)_the Horse
  • Kureno Sohma_the Rooster

I think the author knew exactly what she was doing when choosing the characters because based on my experience, the Sohmas are exactly like the animal they are in the zodiac in personality and also shows the characteristics of the real life born chinese zodiac.

Art: Funny illustrations are made every now and then just because it's impossible to make Tohru's expressions in any other way. Beautiful guys help too ^_^! Sexy girls too O.o! But really it still had to remain close to a child like age so it's doesn't show much -_-.

DO NOT LET ANYONE SPOIL ANYTHING ELSE FOR YOU AND ENJOY THE STORY!!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL AND IT MAY BE TOO LATE FOR ME NO MATTER HOW BADLY I WANT TOHRU TO END UP WITH ONE GUY, BUT ENDS UP WITH THE OTHER AND A CRAZY TWIST FOR MY ALREADY FUCKED UP MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8.6/10 overall