chihinoke22's avatar

• South Florida
  • Joined Dec 26, 2009

Howl's Moving Castle

Sep 24, 2010

One of my favorites...wait...no...THE FAVORITE to me by Hayao Miyazaki. It just keeps me entertained and still has some lessons from it so my mom approves it too (plus the fact that it's not perverted ;P).

Story: Sophie is a daughter who does anything for her family and has even given up her dream just to work in her family's hat shop. When she pays a visit to her sister who works on the other side of the town she runs into Howl without even knowing who he is. The last person she would expect him to be is Howl because he was way too nice to be the "Great Wizard Howl who eats the hearts of women", no it couldn't be him. When she gets a visit from the "Witch of the Waste" she finds out that it was Howl and gets a curse put on her because of Howl's likeness for her. She ends up living and working for Howl in his castle, but now she's an old lady!, but soon she finds out all of Howl's little secrets and others as well and puts things in the right place.

Characters: Miyazaki put a lot of energy into these characters because they deliver!! They keep you into the story and we know how characters influence a story, so every character is important, from Howl down to Soloman's little lap dog.

Overall: Fantastic from start to finish!! You know you want to watch it........WATCH IT!!!!