cherold

Eden of The East Movie I: The King of Eden

2 OCT
2011

I was disappointed by the ending of the Eden of East series because it leaves you nowhere. This movie sequel picks up a few months later, with everything in a similar situation, wanders around for a while and leaves viewers exactly where they started - nowhere.

The movie is shockingly lazy. First off, for no reason that I can see it reuses the amnesiac trick from the series, although with even less motivation for doing so. In fact, motivation is lacking from many characters; who do things with seemingly little rhyme or reason.

Basically, this is a continuation of the TV series that is perhaps the equivalent of three or four episodes plus some padding. Except it actually progresses the overall story less than a single episode of the series did. There are some cute ideas, but some of these, like Juiz's increasingly human responses, don't go anywhere. Perhaps the idea is some of this stuff will be used or explained in the next movie, but all that means is that the TV series should have been longer and given viewers a complete story.

After this, I have no hope that anything is ever going to be satisfactorily resolved.

Other Anime Reviews by cherold

Trigun: Badlands Rumble user review by cherold

Trigun: Badlands Rumble

Highschool of the Dead user review by cherold

Highschool of the Dead