charmecia5's avatar

charmecia5

• Burton, MI
  • Joined May 5, 2011

Sailor Moon

Sailor Moon was one of the first anime's I have started watching back when it aired on Cartoon Network during the Toonami days (i miss Toonami). It was what really got me into anime and it really helped me in a way and inspired me to treasure my friends and loved ones and to always be there for others when needed. Sailor Moon will always have a special place in my heart because of that.

It's about a girl named Usagi who is just your average junior high school student. She's clumsy, silly, not good at sports, and a crybaby, but don't think she's a failure. When it comes to love and all things personal, she is actually alright. Also when it comes to serious things, I tell you I've never seen a woman as passionate as Usagi. One day she meets a cat named Luna, who tells her about her new life as a Sailor Senshi of Justice, Sailor Moon, who fights for love and justice. She later becomes Sailor Moon and meets certain characters named Tuxedo Kamen, who  guards her and protects her while also trying to figure out his past, and monsters like Queen Beryl, who is in love with Endymion and rules the Negaverse, aka the Dark Kingdom. Along the way are new characters named Ami, who is book smart and totally nice, Rei, who is a bit sharp and always mean to Usagi, Makoto, who is tough yet very feminine, and Minako, who actually is Sailor V in disguise and is quite like Usagi, only more serious and bright. Add characters like Molly, Melvin, Andrew, and Artemis and you got yourself a show.

This is a really good series to watch for those who are into magical girl showsw and like old school anime. It's for all ages and if you don't like what you see in English, watch it in Japanese, because it's much better. If not read the manga, for it is much better too. Overall I give it 5 stars.