cannand's avatar

• Little Big Planet
  • Joined Nov 26, 2013

Kokoro Connect

Nov 26, 2013

Kokoro Connect is an anime that doesn't exactly leap out at you upon a first glance but should you decide to watch the series then you shouldnt be disappointed. It was one of the first anime's I have watched and it is still a favorite of mine.

Lets start with the best part, the characters. Not one of these main characters did I truly dislike which was a first. For a romantic anime it is important that character development is accomplished well and they hit the nail on the head with this one. The fact that I could sympathize with each of the characters to some extent; made them very memorable (particularly Inaba :3). Whilst some are weaker than others they each have different trait s that makes them very unique

The animation was good but it was not the highlight of the series. Nothing really wrong with it just not as appealing as its other features.

The main theme was nice and catchy got in my head for a couple days anyway the voices were good too and matched the character personna well.

The story had no clear ending as to what may happen and I love that in any series. The inpredictability kept me engaged quite well but also the surrealness of the whole heartseed concept. The fact that the phenomena came in three separate forms also kept things interesting.

--SUMMARY--

The pyschological aspect of the anime was surprising to say the least. The connections were very legitimate and I was able to share feeling with many of the characters. This was maybe because I found myself in simillar states to some of those in high school and possibly bears some resemblance to some others I know (not the phenomenon). The fact that this had to end was harsh to say the least as it still had a lot of potential. But if you want something deep but not to take up too much time of yours this is a superb choice.

If you liked this try: Mirai Nikki

(Do bear in mind my opinion may differ from yours and this is merely my second review but if you have any constructive critisim or feedback to offer, I'd appreciate it :D)

8.5/10 animation