bollier's avatar

• Texas
  • Joined Sep 1, 2008

Blood+

Nov 24, 2010

This series was produced after the Blood+ anime had finished its run.  As you can probably guess, reducing a 90+ episode anime into a 5 volume manga isn't going to result in the world's best story.  I'm not saying the story is bad.  As a matter of fact, The manga does differ from the anime on many plot points, and this individuality is something I think improves it's quality.  Fans of the series can read it, and not know every single thing that's going to happen.  The artwork is attractive, yet at the same time can be a little simplistic.  The characters can be seen the same way.  If you've actually seen the anime, then you can add a couple of points to the character score.  In the manga, they are a little undeveloped, but this won't be a problem for someone who knows them already.  This manga is an interesting adaptation of the anime overall, yet it does have its flaws.  Fans of the anime (such as myself) might get a kick out of it, but those new to the series might not enjoy it as much.