bollier's avatar

• Texas
  • Joined Sep 1, 2008

Tenchi Muyo! GXP

Nov 23, 2010

This is a relatively good series overall.  The humor can be a little low brow, but let's face it, that's what you turn into a series like this for (I personally love it).  If your like me, this series will have you laughing most of the time you watchi it.  The plot is relatively average. It's one severe flaw in my opinion is that it tries to be Tenchi Muyo without the Tenchi.  Each of the characters in the series starts off as a replacement for one of the Tenchi girl.  The art is also very similar to the original Tenchi, which instead of raising nostalgia just feels a little dated.  The music is also a little off, but the dubbed voices are ok, and the opening theme (when in the original Japanese) is really catchy, so it does get points in my book for that.  Finally, I feel that despite the awful start the characters get, as the series progresses, they do develop into interesting individuals.  If your looking for something with a serious plot, look elsewhere.  IF you are looking for the next Tenchi, you might be disappointed.  If you are looking for a cheap laugh as well as some lighthearted fun, then this show might just be the fit you are looking for.