bentobox

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée

3 OCT
2011

This is a peaceful, delightful little series filled with lots of love and warmth.  The soundtrack and artstyle compliment the story.  Delicate and sincere, this show is perfect for anyone looking for a touching story about a young girl who suddenly finds herself in a completely new culture.

I found the series a bit nostalgic because I've been to Paris before.  That was the primary reason I started watching the series in the beginning.

I was a bit confused, at first, about the language barriers.  It bothered me that all the characters speak Japanese even though they made it a point to show that she can't speak French or understand that language.  After about two episodes, you learn that she can understand French and can speak it fairly well.  It's not explained how she learned the language and then you wonder if she's been speaking French in private with one of the elderly characters to start with.  I know, it's nit-picky, but it just bothered me.

Other than that, I have few complaints about the series.  I really enjoyed watching how she came into her own in Paris and brought a little of her culture into her new home.  The slice-of-life feel to the series allows it to move at a reasonable pace without bogging you down with too much backstory or dialogue.  I do wish that more of the side stories had been resolved at the end.

Great watch.  Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for something relaxing and heartwarming.

Other Anime Reviews by bentobox

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi user review by bentobox

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée user review by bentobox

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée

Usagi Drop user review by bentobox

Usagi Drop