badazz5001's avatar

badazz5001

• hell on earth also known an new jersy
  • Joined Mar 2, 2009

Sora no Manimani

Oct 12, 2009

I know I know the decryption to sora no manimani sounds like the it is just an average romantic comedy amine and does nothing different then any of the other hundreds of romantic comedy amine that do nothing to differentiate them selves from the gene. And you would be absolutely right but for what it lacks in creativity sora no manimani does make up for in quality. The story is textbook , boy returns to town that he grew up in after years of being away and meets a girl who he hung out with back then. Some how they both remember each other by name even thow they only knew each other for about a year. any why the boy joins the schools astronomy club where you are introduced to the majority of the cast. Any why the story is pretty text book but that does not mean it is bad. What this anime has is a great theme of astrology. It is fun but very educational at the same time and the stars are very well animated and unique. Sadly thow the rest of the animation for this series is not as breath taking. Character designs are about what you would expect from an average sho-jo but the back grounds are very ugly in my opinion.. The anime's soundtrack however is very good in my opinion. The oppiniong and ending themes are very good in my opinion and are still stuck in my head and the voice acting was very well done to, the characters are very funny but like everything in this series they are nothing you have not seen before, My largest complaint about this series thow is the ending which does not have a lot of closure and frankly does not resolve a lot of the romances in the series. But that is okay because of the promise of an ova which might tie up those loose ends But overall sora no manimani is a fun ride for any fan of romantic comedy and earns a 7 out of 10

6.5/10 animation