ashman711's avatar

ashman711

• florida
  • Joined Mar 23, 2008

STory:  I was drawn in with the attitude of this being just another brainless silly show- man was I wrong.  Certainly the first couple episodes set you up for it but as the series progresses we see actual progression of the storyline! not just almost character develpments that are saved for the finale. There's two ways of looking at this show. 1. the difficulties of that time between childhood and teenager where one isn't ready to let go and start growing up- the eventual acceptance and feeling of losing that special power of belief only truly felt as a child.  The second and more Apt for this show as I delved further in was what a person will do to cope with difficult situations we encounter in life. When something bad happens, sometimes we just can't cope or accept it yet, so we come up with fantasy worlds to escape the pain and shield us from reality.

Animation- You can really tell in just normal scenes that alot of production value went into this series(well worth it too)  I haven't seen animation style like this since Hyouka(value/style) This really helped both in fleshing out the characters and adding to the "delusional fight scenes"(not sure how to describe them other than that)

the sound quality was good, but most shows have increased quality of animation and sound lately

overall, I gave this a high score cuz at first glance It's a show that really will make you laugh out loud not just once but repeatedly during the entire series. Chuuniybou also somehow makes one feel emotion for the characters progressivley(it really sneaks up on ya) and can be very poignant during the second half, it does get a little bit more serious but won't do a 180 like other series(SHUFFLe anyone?)  I think any who start this series and enjoy it will do so till the end and leave satisfied(but wanting more)

Gosick says...