ashman711's avatar

• florida
  • Joined Mar 23, 2008

Nozoki Ana

Apr 10, 2013

the story synopsis: Kido has just moved into a new apartment and is attending college. He notices a small hole in the wall of his apartment, it goes all the way to the next apartment where he sees Ikuno.  A situation happens and Kido tries to apologize to Ikuno the next day hoping she doesn't see him as a peeper. Kido is shocked when Ikuno very matter of fact suggests he continue and that they take turns "peeping" on each other- she even goes as far as setting a schedule for who's day it is to peep on whom.

I'll admit the first chapter seemed as if this would be a typical pervy/ erotic story. I kept reading and this one took me by a huge surprise!  The story becomes rather complex, the strange relationship between the two neighbors, the typical seeming story standards found in most comedic manga and anime are traded down the line (actually pretty soon) with very heavy story dealing with power struggles, trust,  relationships and the consequences associated with them.

the artwork makes the characters seem realistic, never exaggerated and they seem to be characters you would run in to in everyday life (though Ikuno would be rare but still possible)

Overall: in NozokiAna  we're treated to a very unique story with complicated characters that will keep you reading wanting more.  It delivers on the goods, makes us care for the characters(we can see thier happiness and pain) leaves us on the edge of our seats with suspense at the end of a lot of chapters.  I do recommend this highly but it's not gonna be for everyone- it's a great read without being an erotic novel, some expecting just sex may be put off by the great story and those uncomfortable with the very mature sexual themes(peeping/powerplay) may find it hard to get through- though I'd strongly suggest giving it a go.