aritentd's avatar

• Joined Apr 26, 2008

Kite

Oct 4, 2009

Kite

After enjoying Mnemosyne I finally dug out this classic from the bottom of my wtw list. Unfortunately the conclusion I have reached is that explicit content doesn't always work well with the story.

It has a lot of explicit content, be it violence or sex, and a story that would hardly fill one page of a book. While trying hard to make you pity the main character, it achieves nothing but indifference. The whole concept just doesn't work the way it should. I was unable to connect with Sawa and thus left out of the story. She was not believable enough for me, why would she endure those things for so long only to shoot her nemesis, while she could have done so long before?

Action sequences are a bit overdone too, realism would suit it much better. For example that ridiculous fall after being blown up. I can accept skilled female assassins, but not pity them if they could end their suffering anytime they want (with no reason given for enduring it).

Visuals are good enough for its age, they are definitely not an obstacle to watching it. The colour palette suits the overall mood of this ova and the explicit content is depicted in bearable way.

I just didn't click with Kite. The story wasn't deep enough and I didn't find the content amusing. Still if you are into these things and you don't mind overlooking a few strange plot decisions, you might enjoy it.