aritentd's avatar

aritentd

• Czech Republic
  • Joined Apr 26, 2008

La Maison en Petits Cubes

I didn't see this coming. Even though it won an Academy Award, I have been living in an utter darkness until vivafruit switched the lights on with his review.

First thing you will notice is the distinctive style. La Maison en Petits Cubes is an art piece and I mean it. I would spend a whole day in a gallery featuring scenes from it. It is not using that cheap way of some recent shows who regard beauty only as smooth hd lines. I tip my hat to all the artists who breathed a life into this beautiful work.

As the whole thing is without voice acting, music is really important. Fortunately it is on par with the visuals. Little guitar accords joyfully hopping around, flutes running like a fresh breeze and piano gently touching our skin. Music is skillfully connected to the visuals and together it creates unforgettable atmosphere.

And then there is the story. It is like a classic poetry, embracing memories we have deep inside us and often forget about. It is very lyrical and won't appeal to everyone, but you should give it a try. La Maison en Petits Cubes is the finest example of storytelling without words.

Such gems are quite rare, it is definitely worth your time.

Kari5 says...

Awesome review :)

Nov 25, 2010
sothis says...

nice review - I'm looking forward to finally watching this one!

Oct 4, 2009