angelsreviews

Hand Maid May

6 AUG
2013

It’s rather cute in a way, though full of fan service. They do a lot of panty shots along with dressing scenes. Because of this, I wasn’t able to get fully into the story line like I wanted but it also didn’t seem to know exactly what it wanted to do. I felt the story went all over the place until they finally figured out something to do at the end. The poor guy ends up getting a cute girl that will help him with everything he needs. I have never actually been fond of the story line but at least I could stand this one.

It’s a standard harem, where the main character is pretty much a standard nerd that doesn’t stand out and yet all the girls love him. Seriously, the only thing that is different about Saotome is that he’s good with computers and even then, he wasn’t able to figure out that there was a virus on the CD that was given to him. Clearly he isn’t all that smart. The girls are pretty and reminds me of Chi a lot from Chobits although these girls can actually keep a conversation going.

The characters are over simplified and generic. Kazuya is a nerd, who pretty much never had a girlfriend, yet all the girls that see him seem to be drawn to him; Kasumi Tani is a bitchy tomboyish girl that seems to not care if her panties are showing or not with how short her skirts are; and I had to sweet drop when Nandara showed up. He is really flamboyant and over the top. It seems whenever a rich guy shows up, they are like that in these shows. Most of this is very stereotypical of these shows. I’m not really sure about Doraemon’s name and look. He looks like a Digimon and the name is like that as well.

The voices are somewhat annoying in the English dub. I don’t quite like some of the girl’s voices; they are a little too high pitch sounding. In the Japanese, it seemed better though not by much. I do like Nandara, Doraemon, and Kazuya’s voice, Doraemon’s rather more then anyone else’s. It’s just perfect for an android or robot. The music is way too cutesy for me, and sometimes seems not to fit the show sometimes. I think a little more techno would work better. All in all, not the best show in Japanese, worse in English I feel.

Other Anime Reviews by angelsreviews

Resident Evil: Degeneration user review by angelsreviews

Resident Evil: Degeneration

The Sacred Blacksmith user review by angelsreviews

The Sacred Blacksmith

Paniponi Dash! user review by angelsreviews

Paniponi Dash!