default avatar

• 25 / ?

Noblesse

Sep 16, 2012

Genre:
Shounen, supernatural, comedy, action, mystery, drama

Noblesse is an amazing Korean manhwa about a man named Rai who awakens after being asleep for 820 years. After he awakens he takes on the looks of a high school student and unknowingly meets an acquaintaince of his, named frankenstein, who also happens to be the chairman of the highschool he wandered into.  From then on Rai decides to stay enrolled at the school as a student in order to learn about the 820 years he happened to miss.  All the while making new friends at the school, learning about the new technology, customs and of course the food(you will understand that later)!! The story may sound dense but in fact is very entertaining. The main characters eventually take on enemies and little by little their identities are revealed.  This manhwa literally had me laughing outloud at some moments, and at others cheering on the main characters during their battles. And as the story progresses so does the dialogue.

Art

The art is fantastic!! First and foremost it is in COLOR, so what don't love about that?? The art flows and I notice as the chapters progress it becomes better and better!

The characters of this manga are very interesting, I will say that there isn't alot of depth into any of the characters families or past lives, but most of that is irrelevant to the main story.  Most of what you know about the characters is what you see, but all of them work together wonderfully and I personally think that there are good underdog-like characters that prove themselves and eventually kick some serious butt!! And there are the anti-hero's, as well as the devious or mysterious characters that are really appealing to watch and see how they eventually grow. You will seriously be rooting for these characters!!!!!

Overall

This manhwa is a must read!!!  At first I was hesitant to read it after the first couple of chapters but it became really hard to just stop reading after a while. All of the characters display such passion and at times it is kind of moving lol!!! After catching up and reading it all so far, I am glad that I decided to peer into this little treasure!! I would have to say that this is by far one of my favorite mangas!!  I would suggest that even if you are just a little curious to check it out!! And as a little side note, a new chapter comes out weekly, even though the chapters are a little bit shorter than mangas, the fact that you dont have to wait months for a new chapter is what makes it better!!!! lol