alala's avatar

alala

• Joined Jun 26, 2010

Gravitation

Dec 9, 2013

The only reason I picked up the manga was because I was not satisfied with the anime's ridiculous ending. I had high expectations cause I absolutely loved the concept of the story and the main characters <3, but unfortunately I was a little let down. Now here's why:

Everything was perfectly fine with the manga until volume 6... that's where the events started to get a little ridiculous. You could say that it was a romantic comedy from the start, but after a while it resembled a gag manga, which I found hard to forgive cause it ruined the romance aspect which I really enjoyed </3 If it wasn't for all the bazooka action, explosives, and the mecha panda (I hated it!), Gravitation would be close to perfection. I'm just not a fan of this kind of "humor", well not in a boy's love at least! It did feel as if the author was dragging it unwillingly, perhaps that's why she decided to go with all those crazy events. I think she could definitely do better if she put more love into it. A little disappointed... but at the end everything turned out OK, just OK though (no fancy ending, unfortunately, to make up for that big let down). I wish the last 7 volumes would get a re-do...