alala's avatar

alala

• Joined Jun 26, 2010

Mars

Dec 7, 2013

There's so many things I want to say about this series that I don't know where to start. I am truly UNIMPRESSED with Mars, and I can't believe the author was allowed to go on with 15 volumes! o_O

The story is very typical; boy meets girl, they fall in love and... and that's it. Nothing interesting really happens there, even though the author tries to throw some fair amount of dramatic events. Unfortunately the way all those events were presented, and how they unfolded, was very poor and didn't pique my interest at all. The virst volumes felt very rushed and I felt like I was being forced to accept everything that's happening without any explanation, kind of like: get over the fact that the main character was bullied by another girl, because from the next page they're gonna be best friends! Wow, really, what are you taking me for an idiot? The same thing was with the main characters being "so much in love", but honestly, I could not see that, there's no proof, I couldn't understand what kept them together (?)

It is also funny, that the author decided to deal with pretty serious themes, that normally would evoke some kind of emotional reaction, yet she seemed unable to get the results. Not only I was not able to symphatize with any character, I felt absolutely nothing reading it.

The art itself wasn't bad at all, however I felt like the character design didn't match the "image" the author was trying to achieve, and so I found the characters lacking and annoying cause they simply didn't make sense. It's a pity cause there was so much possibilities to make it good, the author gave them "dark pasts", but it seemed like it was too much for them to handle, and at the end all that wasn't even necessary there to begin with.

Overall, soap opera gone wrong.

Don't pick it up unless you're not very demanding and don't mind cliched events.