acidstreaks's avatar

• Joined Jan 2, 2014
  • ? / F

Fruits Basket

Jan 21, 2014

Fruits Basket was overall great. But, if you're looking for a big romance heart moving anime, this is not it. This is more of a cutesy comedy with a tad bit of romance, but it was great. The animation was very well done and the only thing i didn't like was how one of male characters had a woman voice over, for some reason that bothered me. Other than that, the way that they turned into animals when someone hugged them was an absolutely adorable idea, and the characters all have intresting (and sad) backstories. This anime is very funny, so I always watched it when i got home from schol to bring my mood up ^_^

CrazyBeverly96 says...

I agree with you. I like how this anime was able to show a curse in a more comical light, rather than an extremely depressing one. Honestly, I was not expecting Fruits Basket to be that funny but I'm glad it was. I really liked the humor. I actually thought the romance was pretty good, but that's just me. I can understand why someone might not enjoy the romance as much if they don't like the guy that Tohru was being pushed towards. So yeah, I love Fruits Basket too! :)

Jan 25, 2014