ZetsumiChan

BASED ON 6 OF 25 EPS DROPPED
12 JUL
2011

La Cordo D'Oro ~primo passo~

In my opinion as an otaku; it was decent considering the pint-sized budgets most anime have. Its animation and sound choice were withstandable me being one for very high quality animation and catchy tunes. As an anime, its an overall ok.

On the other hand, as my opinion as a musician; It was horrible. I'll just be gracious and save my amuture musician rant for the end if any other musicians would like to know.

STORY

Honestly in my opinion, they could have made the story more developed. It's the classic reverse harem plot:

She goes to a new school, she falls in love, she falls in love with multiple hansome men, she gets mood swings, and then she starts forming into a big ball of stress. Who hasen't seen this basic plot at least a thousand times?

ANIMATION

I really don't have much to say on the animation. It's the typical quality for an anime at its time. There were a few scenes that did have some good quality animation.

SOUND

Not much to say about sound either. The opening and ending themes were ok in my opinion, but there not exactly catchy. The classical music the characters play with they're slightly deformed instruments we're just too recognizable for me to enjoy. I really wanted to hear something I haven't heard as background music in Spoungebob.

CHARACTERS

Oh my goobers, the lack of creativity in the characters kind of makes me discusted. Every single one of the characters is a common character type. You know what they're going to say, what they're going to do, and they're reactions. The characters are just to hollow and predictable.

So know that I've finished talking about the anime in an otaku perspective, I would like to make a rant on the musical arts portion of the anime. You probly won't even bother to read this. I just need to get this out of my system, You don't need to read it. I'm not forcing to read it. I'm not forcing you to read the review.

Just don't yell at me for my hate-rant. I know I'm putting my rant in a review, where it obviously shouldn't belong. BUT if I, as a musician, were looking for a decent anime involving musical arts, I would want to know which ones are good.

My rant:

What the doodles are these people thinking? It doesn't even look like the characters are playing the instuments at all! You can obviously hear that they are not playing the notes, not even the same song as the audio! The violin form is very wrong! I would like to know where the Hellman's Mayonaise is any viola players? We viola players need love too!

Sorry for my rant. I really just needed to let it all out as sofisticated as I could.

Other Anime Reviews by ZetsumiChan