Zephen's avatar

• Joined Nov 1, 2012
  • ? / ?

Toradora!

Jul 17, 2013

I don't usually watch romantic animes and I don't really like them much but Toradora is one of those that I was able to survive! It is entertaining and while characters seem to be the basic stereotypes, they have good development.

Story   8.7/10                                                                                                           Story in Toradora is average. I really like Toradora, but the story isn't anything mindblowing. It's pretty normal highschool anime. In the story the most annoying thing they make sure every student is scared of Ryuuji because of his eyes and after a few episodes this thing is completely forgotten. Anyway the basic idea is that Ryuuji meets girl named Taiga and has a huge crush on Taigas best friend Minori. However Taiga has crush on Ryuujis best friend Kitamura. Together they try to help each other out.

Animation   9/10                                                                                                       Animation in Toradora is pretty good. I didn't have problems with it and it did its job well. I don't think there's need for it to be anything else that it is.

Sound   9.8/10                                                                                                                I really like Toradoras soundtracks. There are songs that I would listen even without anime and I'm thankful that there's no dub(not fan of those since english isn't even my first language). Openings and endings are enjoyable too and especially the first opening is awesome! It stuck in my head during the whole show.

Characters 8/10                                                                                                            So, as I said Toradoras character develop. You have your tsundere girls and overly energetic sport girls. So why is it 8/10? Because characters are so believable(realistic reactions and things).

Overall   8.5/10
You really could guess the major of the plot in few episodes, but it's not like that made Toradora bad. Really it was very good and enjoyable. Good high school comedy and romance. If you want to just relax or take a brake from some serious animes(or recover) I think Toradora is pretty good for that.

Well, this was my first review and I don't know if it's going to be the only. I'll do more if I feel like it. :)

8.7/10 story