YoakeCassidy's avatar

YoakeCassidy

• Joined May 12, 2013
  • ? / F

I watched Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge in precisely two days. That was all it took. The episodes flowed over into each other naturally and I'm glad I started late so I didn't have to wait a week every time.

Dansai Bunri is the story of a middle school boy, Kiri, who has a fetish for cutting hair. He meets a cursed girl, Iwai-chan, and practically falls in love with her instantly. Being the only one who can cut her hair with his Killing Goods, cursed scissors he inherited through his bloodline (it belonged to a brutal killer), they stick around each other and soon fall in love. Nevertheless, him cutting her hair started something. They find out that everyone with a Killing Goods (Authors) wants to kill her, because then they can have a wish granted. Kiri, however, vows to protect her, even if that means becoming evil, as long as she will still accept him. Iwai happily agrees. The battle begins.

From episose one I really enjoyed Dansai Bunri, because of variating aspects. I liked the story line, how they played with young love and fetishes, I liked the animation, because it underlined every character's personality, I liked the characters themselves, because of their realism. When I continued watching it, I found that I really found it an enjoyable anime. It was realistic (as far as a plot like that can be realistic) and still it had that supernatural air over it that you can't avoid.

What also attracted me were the characters that weren't exactly in the spotlights. They're overall development and personalities, along with their backstories, were very interesting. Also, the series managed to surprise me when the student council president turned out to be the servant of the student council vice-president. I didn't see that coming.

My favourite character? Rulebook. An Author that kills criminals out of a strange sense of justice. He's kind of a creep, but I enjoyed his relationship with the police officer that chased him.

Of course, there were some things that I thought were highly illogical. Like, after the party, Kiri does lick Iwai-chan's neck, but kissing her lips is a no-go. Little details like that felt kind of off, but they weren't extremely annoying.

All in all, it was an enjoyable anime in the genre 'fetishes-crime-murder-love-ethics'. Though it's very obvious that the end of the anime is not the end of the story. It has barely just started.