XxZeroeZxX's avatar

• Joined Sep 1, 2010

Kaze no Stigma

Oct 5, 2010

Ka-zu-ma!

I always have a tough time convincing people to watch Kaze no Stigma. This is primarily because there is a big lull in the series about half way through until the last 4-6 episodes. But once you get past this lull zone, you have yourself quite an intriguing series. Action, comedy, romance, this series has a good mix. The main character Kazuma is awesome. He's one of those slick I'm-cool-I'm-badass-and-you-all-know-it types and he's really quite a charmer as well. He always offers to pitch-in... for the right price. He's basically like James Bond meets Fonzi only greedy and with intense magical powers. I love the scenes when he's hitting on Ayano (the female lead). They have some really funny interplay, and of course it's all shaded with romance. Outside of these moments, most of the comic relief comes from Catherine. Catherine is a pompous I'm-rich-and-powerful-so-that-makes-me-better-than-you type (so I'm going overboard with the hyphenated-modifiers today), but instead of being a prick she's outright hilarious. This is particularly true in the bathhouse episode (an absolute must see, humor abound). Ayano's a spunky little thing too, she certainly plays her part well. The characters are the best part of this series. Even Nanase (one of Ayano's friends who doesn't play much of role in the story at all) in her shining moment, is absolutely superb. Honestly, she should have her own little spin-off OVA or something where she's the main character. So I've talked about the comedy, but this is mostly an action series. And the action sequences are great, there's not really much more to say about that. So overall, this series is really good and if it wasn't for that one long rough patch, I think it would be a lot more popular. As it stands, I can only give it a 7 out of 10.

7.5/10 story