XxSamuraixX's avatar

• Rittman,Ohio
  • Joined Jan 1, 2010

A Wind Named Amnesia

Mar 18, 2013

Ugh......were do I begin. I really wanted to like this anime. I watched the dub so this is a review of that...subbed would probably get around a 5.5/10 so the acting was only a part of what made this a disaster.

PLOT/STORY: 7/10

The Apocalypse didn't come with a bang, but with a whimper. Silently, the amnesia wind swept away all of mankind's knowledge. Thousands of years of human civilization vanished overnight as people forgot how to use the tools of modern civilization: who they were, how to speak—everything. Technology decayed as mankind was reduced to the level of cavemen.

Two years later, a young man—miraculously re-educated after the cataclysm—explores this barbaric world while pursued by a relentless killing machine. He is accompanied by a young mysterious woman who is somehow spared the devastating effects of the amnesia wind. The story is one of the only redeaming qualities of the film.

ANIMATION: 6/10

The animation was a factor but it was a 90's anime so i will cut them some slack. Its not the worst animation but it was bad enough to knock a few points off.

SOUND: 1/10

This is where my biggest complaint lies. The dub was terrible. It ruined the whole movie. WATCH THE SUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not stress this enough. The music is generic but it is a 90's anime so its expected.

CHARACTERS: 1/10

One word......generic.

OVERALL: 4/10

Generic as it is, the story is good.....good enough to make it worth 1 watch. So if you can stand the bad animation, horrid dub, and generic characters then give it a try.