WittyKatts

Shugo Chara!

16 AUG
2010

I absolutely loved the story. I don't particurally like Magical Girl type animes, but this is the exception. At the beginning Amu is like any other girl: she wants to fit in and be cool. It's something anybody can relate to, which is definitely a plus. At the beginning, Amu is just a girl who acts cool, but as the series progresses, you get to see how she really is. ^^ There are a lot of events, and a lot of characters in this series.

Animation:

There is nothing particurally bad about the animation. It's rather good actually, with smooth movents. Overall, the animation is great.

Sound:

The voice acting was good. I'm not very good at judging voice acting, but I'm pretty sure that this was considered good. xD I love the opening and ending themes, as they were all absolutely adorable in my opinion. I especially liked "Honto no Jibun" for some reason. Aside from the opening and ending themes, the songs that Utau Hoshina sang were good too. I especially liked "Meikyu Butterfly". I didn't like it at first, but suddenly I just started loving it. Very good song. :)

I absolutely loved all the characters. Amu was just adorable after her cool tude was gone, Tadase is your typical shota boy, and I absolutely love him, but my favorite boy in the series was Ikuto. You gotta love your cat boy, nya! xD Ikuto is a very mysterious character, and acts just like a cat. Utau, a 14 year old singer, got on my nerves at first with her almost indifferent attitude, but after finding out about who she loved, my opinion of her changed...completely. xD I love Amus' charas too, Ran, Miki, and Su. The always cheerful Ran, the mature Miki, and the happy go lucky Su, were all adorable. The characters were great all in all. ^^

Overall:

Great anime. Very cute, and I recommend it to anyone who likes shoujo. :)

Other Anime Reviews by WittyKatts