WiiLeeYum's avatar

• My computer room
  • Joined Nov 4, 2009

Nyoron Churuya-san

Mar 24, 2010

Story: There is no story, that is the honest truth. Then again, do you really expect a story from a parody? Churuya-chan is simply a chibi form of Tsuruya, the hyper-active friend of Mikuru from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. This mini-parody-serie centers on one of four recurring "scenarios". These following scenarios might be of spoiler, but what is there to spoil in the first place?

1. Churuya-chan's ongoing quest to find/have/eat smoked cheese (Smochi) and ending the small segments of roughly 30 secounds with "Nyoro~n".
  2. Skits demonstrating Churuya-chan's minute height or "uselessness".
  3. Dust-chan (A collection of dust with a personality) being vacuumed.
  4. Ashakura-chan, Ryoko Asakura's chibi (Yeah, that's right, you didn't read wrong), trying to "confess" to Kyon-kun....(Yeah...)

The point of the "story" was just for a light comic relief where you can just relax, smile and chuckle at the situation(s) taking place. PLEASE, do not take this seriously or you'll explode.

Animation + Sound: The animation for Nyoro~n was quite simple and lighthearted, as you would expect from chibi parodies. The reason I give the animation and sound a high mark is because they did what they were suppose to do; simplify the situation and entertain the viewers with, as mentioned before, light comic relief.

Characters: Characters were stereotypical and at its minimum potential.

• Churuya was all about smoked cheese and was a stereotypical chibi.
  • Ashakura was only there to try to confess to Kyon
  • Kyon, Mikuru and Itsuki were oblivious to almost everything
  • Haruhi was... Haruhi
  • Dust-chan was....... useless-hikori

Overall: This little show has almost nothing to offer but it is a great light comedy for people that watched Haruhi and loves chibis. Although most Haruhiist would surely go insane from watching this, they are missing the point; THIS SHOW IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. Other than giving some smiles and temporary chuckles, this parody has little to offer. Why give an "7" for this waste of production? It's because I did not expect anything from it, that way I got a little joy out of watching it. I think I spoiled quite a lot about this mini-series.

*It did not let me rate -10.0 for story.