default avatar

WhiteSteel

• Joined Aug 19, 2010

Heroic Age

Nov 10, 2010

This anime really wan't all that bad-it just took a really long time to get somewhere. The animation was great: the space battles were really exciting to watch. The overall story was clichéd to the max, but it kept one interested. The sound was nice, though most of the time I didn't really notice.  Now, the major gripes I had with this anime. For one, the characters were so....dull. Age, the supposed main character, gets so little stage time that I kind of forgot about him. When he was actually featured in a scene, all he really did was one of three things: smile, paint, or talk about the future. I mean, all the other characters, even the antagonists, had more character development than he did. Secondly, as beautiful as the space battles were, they got a little....repetitive. In a sense, when I look back to the events in this anime, it feels like barely anything happened. It just consisted of several major space battles, with a little talking in between.  Lastly, the ending wasn't bad, but it could've been so much better in my opinion. They really wasted the last episode, making it more dramatic than anything. I won't say anymore because I don't want to spoil the story...but...it could've been better. In the end, it was definitely worth my time. It started off great, and grew a little dull at parts, but I am glad I watched it. The moral, while convoluted, gave the anime a really profound feeling. I recommend this to those who either really like science fiction or really like their space battles.