WehrleX

Air Gear

18 SEP
2013

Okay to start off I will warn you that I am being a tidbit bias twards this anime since it is one of my favorites but I will try my best to be as non bias as possible. This anime in my oppinion is pretty dang awesome. My reasoning:

Story: Although the story was pretty generic for a Shonen I think it had a different feel than other Shonen I have watched. It did have the basic Shonen plot of the main character is a newbie or sucks at what he does, gets together with a group and improves; although that may be true but it seems it was presented a tad bit different in Air Gear. There are however a few plot points that were not explained or just forgot about and it did seem rush, but this really did not bother me by any means since they were realativly small.

Animation: I really have no complaints in this department, the animation was pretty solid I personally did not notice anything out of the ordinary, BUT I also did not notice anything defining about it either. All in all it's animation is on par with most other anime and is very fluid and flows quite nicely.

Sound: I have watched both the English and the Japanese versions of this anime. I personally enjoy the Dub of it more simply because it is more enjoyable to me and I think the voices suit the characters more, especially Agito/Akito in the Japanese version they keep his voice the same when he is in either personallity, I personally see Akito with a higher voice and Agito with a deeper more intimidating voice which is why I like the dub more since they did that.

Characters: I am not going to go into to much detail about the characters but I will say that each character has a backstory (main and a lot of the side/background characters) which seems to be a hard thing to come by in anime these days, a lot of the time anime will fall flat on this part but Air Gear did a good job of it.

Overall: I give this anime an 8.5/10. The reasons I will not give this anime a 9 or above is because the plot falls off at some points and seems like it just goes where it wants (which is fine) but they also could have slowed down on the plot a bit, it seems like they rushed a lot. I do recommend this anime to everyone to at least give it a look.

Other Anime Reviews by WehrleX