WalkingEast

Hanamaru Youchien

12 APR
2010

Carefree, funny, and heartfelt, Hanamaru Youchien is more than a slice-of-life comedy about kindergarteners and their lovable antics. It's also about keeping the child in your heart alive. It's about understanding that kids, even the youngest of them, all have little hearts and lots of love in them. The interactions between the teachers, the teachers and students, and the teachers and parents are all very funny, but completely within the realm of believability. The series touches on growing up, falling in love, and persevering through tough times while never getting too serious.

I also especially enjoyed the opening song; it's a perfect fit for the anime. Lighthearted and upbeat, it has a tendency to stick in your head. Each episode closes with a different ending song and accompanying animation, as well, which was a fun way to close out the show each week.

This series has great writing, hilarious visual gags, and a story that will leave you wanting so much more than 12 episodes. Even if you're not into slice-of-life anime, give this one a try. I bet the kids at Hanamaru Youchien steal your heart, too.

Other Anime Reviews by WalkingEast

Mayoi Neko Overrun! user review by WalkingEast

Mayoi Neko Overrun!

• Overall 9.5/10

Recent Anime Reviews by WalkingEast

comments

default avatar alexchan
May 1, 2010

I totally agree with your review. I was looking at the official review and I think it was rather harsh. I guess it debends on who watches the anime. To me the entire anime had an air of lovely inocence and was fun to watch.

I was disapontend to see it was only 12 episodes thouth. Since I was watching it weekly, and since I was never able to see how many episodes they were goint to air, I was perhaps expecting around 24 lol. I did like the message the final episode gave though, it really showed how much Anzu loved her teacher (Although we are talking about a grade schooler here, I beleive this happens to many out there - love that was never to be, but that helps you grow, I guess).

I guess I'd like to add that, contrary to what the official review says, there is actually a message and a story to these series. If you watch carefully you will see what I mean. And about the rate they gave to the series (4.5 out of 10)... as of this writing the anime has 4 out of 5 stars! Oh well, that is only the view of one person lol.

Summary, I think this is a light hearted comedy that will entertain those that still have the heart of a child.

Like you and me perhaps! lol