Vague's avatar

Vague

• Joined Apr 15, 2011

Zetman

Nov 7, 2012

I remember being shocked and awed by this particular anime…or maybe the feeling was more like awed and then caught off guard… It’s sort of hard to explain the feeling of “This is pretty cool” turned “You’ve got to be kidding me.” But here I go anyways!

Story 5/10

The story is just okay. I guess I could say it’s somewhat original but I’d be lying a little. It follows Jin Kanzaki, a young man who is cursed/blessed with the power called ZET. He’s the sort of creepy looking spikey guy that was created by the Amagi Corporation to eliminate monsters called Players (also Amagi’s fault). It’s kind of confusing at first cause they don’t really do a great job of differentiating some of the characters. Seriously, I thought Jin’s grandfather and Gorou were the same guy…oh wait, they are the same guy…maybe. Anyways, the Amagi Corporation is run by this douche bag named Seizou Amagi who may or may not know anything about the ZET Project and really isn’t that great of a guy all around. His son, Kouga, used to be besties with Jin when they were children and has this ridiculous need to be Justice in the Flesh while his sister Konoha watches from the Cares for the Homeless sidelines too depressed about loving Jin to do anything useful. The Amagi’s basically control the world so Kouga uses a super suit of armor to fight Players alongside Jin as ZET. There’s also a group of Super Players called EVOL who have for the most part gotten over their need to kill people at random like other Players, and live nice relaxing lives like normal people. Kind of. Their leader, Haitani, decides he doesn’t want to play nice anymore and attacks the Amagi Corporation while at the same time giving Jin the power to control his ZET transformation and kidnapping his girlfriend. Confused? I sure was. I don’t know if I just wasn’t that into it and so I didn’t pay enough attention or what but about halfway through the series I had lost interest in the story and simply watched for the fight scenes.

Animation 7/10

Like I mentioned before, I eventually only watched this series for the fight scenes so the animation was interesting to say the least. It wasn’t the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen, and honestly I don’t remember any particular things that I thought were just outstanding but it was good enough.

Sound 2/10

Opening theme= Most annoying song ever.

Characters 4/10

They were all just okay. No wait, a lot of them sucked. I had a hard time really liking any of them for more than a few episodes. Jin could have been cool but he was pretty boring and sad all the time when he wasn’t ZET. Kouga, Konoha and the other Amagi’s sucked. Not only were they boring but they were annoying. Never a good combination. Jin’s prostitute aunt was kind of funny, his “grandfather” was grandfatherly and his cop friend was a cop…OH! I almost forgot about his braces girlfriend with the headaches that just showed up out of nowhere and stayed way too long. Seriously? Worst character ever. I’m really having a hard time remembering anything positive about these characters…The Sweeper was cool I guess.

Overall 4.5/10

I guess it couldn’t have been too bad since I finished it and all but writing this review made me remember all of the things I didn’t like about it. The characters were too bland while being too overtop about feelings and junk that the animation was kind of left behind and the decent storyline didn’t really make sense anymore. *sigh* Glad I got all of the nonsense that I had forgotten about off my chest.

Another time, another review.

4.5/10 overall