Vague's avatar

• Joined Apr 15, 2011

Paradise Kiss

Jan 6, 2012

But…but why?

Those were my thoughts at the end of this series. Overall it was really good. Interesting story, characters and animation. I’m upset because it didn’t end the way I wanted it to…this tends to happen way too often.

Story- 7/10

Fashion isn’t really my thing, but I do enjoy a good story of a strong willed person leaving everything they know to follow their dreams. Yukari is a typical, hard-working student who finds herself caught up in the world of fashion and modeling. This short series is about her decision to quit school and become a model, with the help of her very colorful (literally) friends. The story really isn’t all that dramatic and was a little slow at times, but overall pretty good. The plot is pretty easy to guess from the beginning, but honestly I was pretty surprised by the ending. Should have seen it coming but didn’t.

Animation- 6.5/10

Not my most favorite style, but pretty well suited for the series.

Sound- 7/10

“Do You Want To”- Franz Ferdinand. Who would have thought it would fit an anime so well?

Characters- 8/10

Best part of the whole thing. Each character was interesting, even boring Yukari. Typically I would be turned off by the whole over-the-top fashion designer thing, but I liked the characters and their quirky clothes and even quirkier personalities.

*Spoilers*

Overall- 7/10

As I mentioned before, I like the show but I hated the ending. This may just be my secret girly side ranting here but I don’t understand why it had to end the way it did. I really hate when series build up a relationship every episode and dump it right at the very end. I realize that Yukari had to learn to be more independent and such and that George had himself to think about too, yada yada, but I just don’t see how there was no way it could have worked out between them. And then throwing out the information that Yukari was going to marry some other guy…in the last three minutes of the series! Not cool. This time I could have definitely done without the closure…at least I could have made up a better ending in my head that way.

Another time, another review.

6.5/10 animation