Vague's avatar

Vague

• Joined Apr 15, 2011

So, this review is going to be a little different than my normal reviews...

I can't rate the categories like I normally would because I don't really know what to think about the anime in general. I'm in between rage and despair and enjoyment...I guess. When the movie ended I sat there for a minute wondering why I wasn't just straight up pissed that I had wasted a good 45 min of my life...for some reason, I just couldn't hate it...or love it.

The story is pretty depressing. Two childhood friends and potential lovers are separated and the story is three short segments, from different points of view, about the distance between them. You mainly get the guy's story about growing up and not living up to his potential because he's mega depressed about not being with the girl. You just kind of assume it's the same story for the girl. The whole story is so depressing that by the end you're thinking it has to get better but...SPOILER ALERT...it doesn't.

I think this has something to do with the fact that I couldn't hate the movie...I really like the animation. The scenery is very vivid and really matches the mood throughout the whole thing.

Unimpressionable.

Pretty bland. Again, the majority of the movie is focused on the depressed guy...I guess they could have been great people but I don't really know. You get a point of view segment from some chick that falls in the love with the guy in high school, of course he's not interested, and she's pretty annoying.

Overall- 5/10

It's not that this movie is "low" in the rankings...in my mind it's literally right in the middle between like and dislike. It's pretty popular and well-known I guess so if you don't mind being depressed for about 45 minutes then by all means watch it.

Another time, another review.