Vague's avatar

Vague

• Joined Apr 15, 2011

Bokura ga Ita

Sep 13, 2011

I’ve really got to stop watching anime…I can’t handle things that have no closure…

I breathed a deep sigh of relief about four episodes into this one thinking, finally, a romance anime that actually has romance throughout the whole series. I was sick of watching anime where the two lovers didn’t confess their love for each other until the last episode…where’s the romance in that? Anyways, by the end of this one I was starting to think maybe I was wrong, but I’m pretty sure it’s just my NEED for closure…

Story- 7.5/10

Pretty basic. I added the .5 cause the whole death-of-previous-girlfriend thing is something I haven’t seen much of, but other than that it’s a pretty basic high school romance story. You laugh, you cry (metaphorically), you cheer on the happy couples and boo the characters that ruin everything. I love stories that get you emotionally involved and this was definitely one of them.

Animation- 7/10

Again, pretty standard, nothing amazing nothing…unamazing.

Sound- 7/10

Towards the end of each episode a song begins to play which kind of sets the mood for whatever that episode has been leading up to. I hated it at first cause typically I don’t want music playing while the characters are still speaking. But the more I watched it the more I realized how well each song fit with the mood. So…good job.

Characters- 8/10

Again, they were pretty standard, popular guy meets shy girl and they hit it off, go figure eh? There’s the best friend who falls in love with the girl and there’s the girl that’s been in love with the guy for, like, her whole life..yada yada. However, I will give it this, I often times found myself thinking the exact same things as the main characters. When Nana realized she was wrong/right I agreed, when Yano felt like an idiot I agreed. I’m not sure if that should be attributed to character creation or the story line, but either way it bumped up the overall rating for me.

Overall- 7.5/10

Aagin, pretty standard but pretty good. I’d recommend it to someone who’s looking for a little more content to their romance anime, but be prepared that there is a TON of content to this one. A lot of emotions and such.

Also, I think the manga has actually continued the story from where the anime left off, but I think I’ll just pretend that everything goes the way I want it to…

Another time, another review.

7.5/10 story