Vague's avatar

Vague

• Joined Apr 15, 2011

Special A

Aug 30, 2011

This is the first comedy/romance only anime that I've watched...and I loved it! I was sick of looking for a super cool anime that would knock my socks off only to be disappointed so I thought, "What the heck, I'll go for something completely different!" And hooray! Success!

Story- 8/10

Hokay, so, the story is kind of cheesy and way too intense for highschoolers but...whatev. I was thoroughly entertained by Hikari and Kei's constant rivalry and subtle romance. Plus, the other characters move the story along enough so that you don't get completely overwhelmed by mushy gushy love junk. I think even at one point I thought the story was...dare I say...cool. Again, don't look for a super deep plot or anything, just sit back and relax and be ready to laugh a lot.

Animation- 9/10

Loved it. I loved the way the character's emotions were portrayed and actually enjoyed the over-the-top spazziness that I thought would turn me off from anime like this. When it comes to comedy and high school romance, animation like that just fits.

Sound- 8/10

Surprisingly not annoying. I was pretty sure going into this that this category would be really irritating by the end, but for the most part none of the characters had really annoying voices and the opening/ending themes were fairly bearable.

Characters- 10/10

Love em all. It's not often that I come out of an anime without hating any of the characters. In fact, I pretty much <3 them all. All of the S.A. seven were really entertaining and funny and well they just fit the story really well. Of course by the end you want certain people to be together and express their undying love for each other so you may go through a love/hate period, but eventually everything is happy again.

Overall- 9/10

Again, I was pretty surprised. I was expecting to hate it and absolutely loved it. Not a single episode went by that I didn't laugh out loud. I was able to put some emotional investment into the characters and it was returned tenfold.

Another time, another review.