TropicalSwirl's avatar

• USA
  • Joined Sep 4, 2007

Psycho-Pass

May 19, 2013

This review contains no spoilers, so feel free to read if you haven’t watched.

Story [9/10]

If it weren’t for some questions that still remained at the end of this series, it would be a 10. The show answered most of the questions I had and generally concluded everything thoroughly, but there were still some things I wondered about or wasn’t perfectly clear on. Still, it wasn’t enough to bother me for more than a few minutes. The story is one big great idea, filled with some unique concepts and clearly questionable scenarios. It makes you think about things. I love stories where at some points you aren’t sure who is in the right and who is in the wrong, or if anybody is wrong at all.

Vibe: Animation + Sound [8/10]

The animation was suiting for city life in a dark world. The main character, Akane, had a unique look about her that was charming and believable. They also had some typical designs—a hot girl, a badass girl, a rebellious guy. The music was also suiting for the show. I enjoyed the openings and endings.

Characters [9/10]

The characters themselves were pretty well fleshed out and I felt especially involved with a couple of their stories. They do make you care about the individuals you follow throughout the series. More than the characters themselves, I enjoyed the relationships between all the different characters. The idea of one person being inevitably tied to another through fate is a cool and interesting thing to see played out, as are the dynamics of trust and faith in others.

Overall [8.5/10]

This was a wonderful show. While I feel there was some room for improvement, the series was overall interesting and satisfying with some unique concepts about society and technology. It kept my attention and provided plenty of opportunity for speculation about the truth and the characters.