Tomo90's avatar

Tomo90

• Perth, Australia
  • Joined Jun 28, 2011

Brighter than the Dawning Blue is a fantasy based world were the human on earth were once at war with the humans on the moon. After the war the scars still run deep and a tenuous relationship remains between the lunar people and the earthlings. During this time of peace, the lunar princess, Feena, makes her way to earth on a diplomatic mission to strength ties between the two worlds. While she is on earth she stays at a homestead with the earth’s president’s sectary. While tensions between the two worlds begin to rise how will Feena navigate through these treacherous waters and bring about a peaceful resolution.

With the back story out of the way, I have to admit this story is definitely more of a romance story than a fantasy or comedy. The main aspect of the story revolves around the relationship between Feena and Tatsuya. Tatsuya is the brother of the sectary where Feena is homestead. The development between them is done at a nice pace and it’s just a delight to watch. The story pretty standard for the first half of the series and there is plenty of slice of life moments. The comedy is a nice touch to all the tender moments but I wouldn’t really classify this as much of a comedy anime. All the twists, actions and motives are present nearer to the end and some of them actually surprised me. There were teary and joyful moments and I definitely liked enjoyed the end.

The animations I have to admit weren’t anything outstanding, it was actually pretty standard. It did its job well enough, though if they were better than I think it could have displayed more emotion and bought this anime to the next level.

The music was wonderful. The opening was great I enjoyed quite a lot and the images really showed the kind of emotion to come in the anime. The piano for the background music was wonderful. It without doubt added some real emotion to the anime and set up the scenes brilliantly.

Overall, Brighter than the Dawning Blue was a great watch. The romance was compelling and the hardships that they when through seemed real and realistic based on the story. I would recommend this anime for anyone who is after a decent romance anime.

8.5/10 story