Tomo90's avatar

• Perth, Australia
  • Joined Jun 28, 2011

Kanokon

Jul 9, 2011

Well what can I say about this anime? Well let’s start with the story. It is very typical of ecchi genre, the male lead lives alone and is chased by many girls, but I didn’t mind the stereotype too much because the characters were very likable and for varies reason I felt for them. The main character Kouta is the usual indecisive type but I can sort of understand in this case, with Chizuru and Nozomu throwing themselves at him, he has little time to breathe let alone make up this mind.

Kanokon is quite funny in its own way. If you like the awkward situation, that are typical for ecchi/harem anime, that the characters get them into then try and talk their way out then you will definitively like the comedy in this anime.

Now I have to mention that this ecchi anime is not like most, there is no line of sight, lighting or blocking of the nudity. It’s there right in your face and not just a little bit, it almost seems like the producers took every opportunity possible to show a partially naked character. So if you can’t stand looking at naked animation then don’t watch it, you might have to close your eyes for the majority of this anime.

Overall I thought that this anime was quite funny, amusing and a good watch. This defiantly not one of the all time greats, not even close, but it’s not too shabby to be honest. I don’t regret watching it and in fact I rather enjoyed it.