Tomo90's avatar

• Perth, Australia
  • Joined Jun 28, 2011

The first thing I have to mention about Hoshizora e Kakaru Hash is the simply stunning animation and artwork. The first thing the audience sees is running water and dam is well animated but that’s just the beginning. The way the trees seem like they have individual leaves swaying in the wind and the birds flying in the ground sky brings the whole atmosphere, surroundings and story to life with a sense of awe.

Now I look back on the story it’s your pretty standard for the harem genre with the same types of character but for some reason I was hooked, I had to watch all 12 episodes straight and I cannot put this one down even for a second. Although it felt like the episodes are drawn out (I thought 5 mins had passed) the episode suddenly finished and left me wanting more. The comedy in this anime is quite good and at times I could not contain myself and definitely had a laugh out loud moment. The story for a harem is very realistic and the circumstances which they had to relocate and settle seem believable (which is a change lol).

The characters, as mention previously, are pretty generic but I didn’t mind too much. Each character brought another aspect to the anime and where not simply there as fillers. As it is common in harem each of the love rivals gets their ‘date’ with the main character which was good because not all were the standard locations (shops, movies and amusement parks etc) but in the end the main character does make his decision on which girl he wants.

The music I thought was good and suited the anime quite well. Although I was not a big fan of the opening and ending I like them enough to appreciate them. The back ground music was great also, it did a great job of bring the realistic artwork to life and matched the location quite well.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this anime. I know some people will say that it’s just another harem anime but the execution was quite good.

7.5/10 characters