Tomo90

Rozen Maiden

1 JUL
2011

Rozen Maiden is about a boy, Jun, who spends his time ordering other people’s junk off the internet then returns it back to them before the cooling period expires just for kicks. Until one day when he receives a package which contains a doll with almost life like appearance. Unknowing to danger Jun activates the doll which changes his life forever.

Are you still with me? Good because aside from the general description this anime is actually quite good. The first episode is a little confusing however stick with it because the anime only gets better from there. Rozen Maiden’s story is rather interesting and has plenty of potential but it did not develop as much as it should of. The characters at time lack a little depth however it was forgiven by the witty humour thrown in.

To be frank there were a couple of filler episode thrown into this series. This seems kind of unusual because of length of the anime (12 episodes) but I didn’t mind one bit. The filler episodes in my opinion were the funnier ones which on occasion I found myself laughing out loud.

The music in the anime was appropriate match for the dolls and set the atmosphere well however I found myself disliking it (maybe cause I don’t like that type of music). Towards the end of the series I was getting good a skipping the opening and I could even make it through the ending which says something.

Overall Rozen Maiden is quite a good anime with an interesting concept. Although it didn’t reach it potential it is still definitely worth watching. I will definitely be looking forward to the sequel to see how they expand on the characters and develop the story which could take Rozen Maiden to the next level.

Other Anime Reviews by Tomo90

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi user review by Tomo90

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi

overall score: 7.7/10

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya user review by Tomo90

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Hayate the Combat Butler! user review by Tomo90

Hayate the Combat Butler!

overall score: 9.5/10