Tolle's avatar

Tolle

• Joined Jun 12, 2011
  • 23 / ?

Secret Santa Review!

I didn’t know a thing about this one before setting down and watching; I suddenly had loads of time on my hand after finally having handed in semester project (AWWW YEAH), so I just got to it. I should do that more often – it was a good, relaxing experience.

Origin: Spirits of the Past

Sometimes, you watch a movie and have a certain feeling about it without being able to explain why. This is how I feel with Origin: Spirits of the Past.

It’s a well-known theme, the plot develops without any major surprises and, of course, we’re rooting for the main protagonists throughout the whole movie. So, I’m not really sure if this is especially good compared to other movies or not – all I know is that I simply liked watching it.

There are so few important people to the movie it seems kind of lonely, Toola (female protagonist) seems overly confident in a person she’s just met, and the villain seems to “suddenly understand everything” way too easily :p All these things might be the reason I felt it was such an easy-going movie, but at the same time, when you’re used to watching anime-series, you sort of expect thorough explanations on everything before the plot starts developing.

However liking it the first time, I’m fairly sure I won’t enjoy watching it the second time as much: I might get bored. This mostly says something about the style of the movie, but it shouldn’t scare off anyone.

Give it a try! :)