TinyBird's avatar

• sepai's bed
  • Joined May 19, 2012

Nana

Jun 17, 2013

(Synopsis) Nana Komatsu is excited to finally visit Tokyo where she can finally spend more time with her boyfriend, Shouji Endo. On the way there, she meets a girl called Nana Osaki - this girl may share the same as her but she is everything Nana Komatsu is not. During the journey there, they get to know each other a bit. When they go seperate ways, it doesn't seem that fate is finished with them as they both meet again when they go to check out a house that both of them consider buying. After figuring out that it would be the cheapest option, they buy the house, splitting the cost in half between both of them. Both women begin forming a beautiful friendship together despite their contrasting personalities. While Nana Komatsu is wishing to find a new boyfriend after having a fall out with Shouji, Nana Osaki is trying to rise the fame status of her band, BLAST (Black Stones) which she successes in. The anime is about beautiful friendship of the both woman while they are different in so many ways. Nana Osaki shows that sometimes the pride of a woman comes before love, however Nana Komatsu shows that she will do whatever it takes to find love.

(Review) The story of the anime is beautiful and while being funny, it does get across a few good messages to the viewer. The characters are well thought of; while Nana's band is very dark, the members are actually very humorous and lovable. The music in the anime is great. While the animation/art has some strange proportions at some parts, at most times it is beautiful and delicate.

(Final Thoughts) While watching Nana, I sure have had tears in my eyes a couple of times. The characters where funny and lovable. The art was beautiful and delicate. The music was meaningful and enjoyable. And the anime itself was just great. I think Nana is a great anime and I recommend you to watch it. You definitely won't regret it! I give Nana a rating of 8.9 out of 10.

9.2/10 story