Thrawn's avatar

• Canada, eh
  • Joined Dec 27, 2009

Nekojiru Gekijou

Aug 26, 2011

Story: Minute bites of stand-alone episodes with 2/3 being sadistic black comedy. Nothing deep in the minute storyline but all have more or less a conclusion in the minute lives of whatever is going on. And when I say sadistic, I also mean twisted and funny if you're into killing and laughing at other people's expense with violence. Lots of violence.

Animation: From the creator of Acid Trip: The Anime and in the same world, lovingly called Cat Soup, the animation looks the same minus the completely messed-in-the-head events. It's simple in it's style but kinda charming; blood aplenty as bodies go splat.

Sound: I don't know why but I loved the voices for the cat siblings and the little cat was so adorable in meowing. I don't remember if there was any music in there but that isn't important.

Characters: Due to the short length of the episodes, all you need to know is that the siblings are sadistic kitties, everybody is racist towards pigs, the father's a drunk and drinks and the mother might be the most sensible of them all. Maybe.

Yeah. Once again, this is in the same world of Cat Soup.

Overall: It was fun, a minute per episode for nearly a half hour of cat antics and sadism does make for a good time if you're into dark comedies.

8.5/10 sound