Thrawn's avatar

Thrawn

• Canada, eh
  • Joined Dec 27, 2009

Made by one man; a mad man at that. Only one like that could make a masterpiece like this. A masterpiece might be too bold a term, but it is one man. One who created a tragic tale of separated lovers; separated by time and space. I admit I wept a few times, once during the scene where Mikako messaged Noboru that it would take eight years for the next message to arrive and again later on. Some other sad stuff occurs and the waiting definitely tugged at the heart strings. But we don't know much about the two apart from their situation, but for me, that was all I needed. Considering that it's only a half hour, I guess there wasn't much that could be done.

Music~ as usual, it's great; simple as that. The VO and sound effects worked and did their job. The animation is a bit of a mixed bag; on one hand, you have some awkward character design. At times, it's nice but at others it's odd and kinda ugly. On the other hand, you have the usual gorgeous backgrounds and scenery (All by one guy, now it's amazing). This probably started it all; his specialty with jaw-dropping, weeping-inducing scenery and his mastery of the art. Simply put, he's a God of the scenery.

At times glorious and breathtaking, at others tragic and desolate; melancholic and lonely. It's at those times where it truly shines; not simply at the fact that they're separated lovers, but at how lonely they are without each other.

And to sum it all up in one word; Magnificent.

8.8/10 overall