Thrawn's avatar

• Canada, eh
  • Joined Dec 27, 2009

Miss Monochrome

Jan 25, 2014

I don't know much about idol dolls or "Vocaloids", which I believe are computer idol girls but this is most certainly, nearly positively, 90% sure a tie-in to one of them, quite possibly named Miss Monochrome. Is it the EP with her dancing and singing? Maybe. Is it the dream of becoming an idol? Possibly. Is it the facts that she can plug into stuff, charge up, has a castle and 180 Quadrillion yen? Yes, sure, royal and super. Despite my lack of knowledge and accurate facts, one doesn't need a background to enjoy the bite-sized minisodes.

And enjoy I did, I guess. I got nearly a laugh per episode, a chuckle here and there and it did get hilariously depressing a few times. For a three minute per episode series, it bats at least a .400, which is quite good and can be summed up as an amusing diversion from whatever crap you're currently watching. I say give it a go. It's harmless, nice, chuckleworthy and while not consistently laugh out loud hilarious, there is bound to be a laugh here and there and when you add it up in terms of full length episodes, it looks better.