Thrawn's avatar

• Canada, eh
  • Joined Dec 27, 2009

Death Billiards

Jun 10, 2013

Death Billiards! Woo! Time for a badass game of pool! TO THE DEATH! And let me tell you, I was totally psyched to watch Death Billiards because I judged it solely on the title. Not on the studio or any flim-flammery that deals with what it's about by a synopsis or what have you, but by this badass title. Death Billiards, because regular 8-Ball just ain't enough. And what the title implies is what you get: A game of billiards to the death, but wait, there's more! It's much more than a game to the death and I got my surprise on that front. It goes deeper than that and considering the short run-time of this short movie, any spoiler would be spoiling the movie. I actually liked the depth and extra plot within it, didn't hinder my enjoyment at all. And what I enjoyed most of all was Gramps. You see that screenshot on the entry page? That old man with the look in his eyes that says "I don't take no shit from nobody. You want to fuck with me then bring it on, bitch." He's badass.

For a short, it left me wanting more. More as a series because I'm a fan of these high-stakes survival games, and it has style. Wanted more than 25 minutes and I could see myself watching a series of this. It's a real good concept and totally worth the watch, at the cost of an episode of one of your regular shows.

Bartender also reminds me of that guy from Mushishi. Wanted to say that.

Tolle says...