Thrawn

Maken-ki! OVA

2 DEC
2012

Story: Remember if there was a swimsuit jiggily beach boobanza in the series? Neither do I! So to fix that problem, if possible, the OVA does what any respectable OVA about a titty show would do: Boobs + Beach/Onsen/Opportunity to ramp up the boobage without any needless plot or logic and reason.

And damn straight it does it. The Maken-Ki group go to some tropical island after the events of the finale -which was complete bullshit- for a training camp but you know, beach. Women don't do that kind of shit, they get in bikinis and bounce around having fun while guys do some other shit. Training I guess, but mostly boobage.

The training helps I think, against an octopus monster and everybody knows octopi are slimy bastards so twice the sexual harassment! But the logic goes up from there with the courage test that's mandatory for harem shows where the guy and his bitches go to a place that has a forest/temple in the middle of the forest, in the night and with legends saying how it's haunted and shit, you know the one. Leads to a reprise of the OP but who am I kidding? You aren't here for plot if you watched the original series. It's just some crap put together to show some boobs.

Animation: The majority of shots have boobs in them, clothed or otherwise but it's not as polished as the stuff nowadays, where the fems are glistening, all buttered up and shit. Jiggle wiggle.

Sound: Liked the OP, liked the EP, liked the voices, liked the sound.

Characters: Unless characters is another term for boobs, I can't rate this.

Overall: Boobs. You're here for fanservice, boobs, some fine ass shots of asses and boobs. Yup, it may be gravel on the driveway, but it's still true to the original series and dumb boobage.

Other Anime Reviews by Thrawn