TheStampede01's avatar

TheStampede01

• Canada eh?
  • Joined Mar 3, 2012

Upotte!!

After all my years of anime watching I've found one anime that rises above the rest and shines brightly even in a season with such titles such as Fate/Zero, Lupin III: A woman named Fujiko, Eureka AO and Sakamichi no Apollon. This anime is such a unique telling of a story that is so essential the anime universe, that it will surely  praised and remembered for generations to come. Indeed this anime will revolutionize the anime industry and become the quintessential anime, that every other anime is compared to. I've watched almost over 1000 titles of anime and none compares to this anime. This is the greatest anime that has ever existed and will ever exist... if you meet these particular qualifications.

You must

-Be a gun oktau

-Be a pervert

-Be a peodphile

-Be a moefanboy

-REALLY like school settings

-Have seen other similar titles such as Fight Ippatsu!, Hidan no Aria, Sekrirei and Strike Wtiches, all of these come close but cannot reach the level of Upotte!

-Have Call of Duty:noonegivesadamn superpglued to your Xbox 360/PS3

Yeah, this show is bad... like extremely bad. Do you know why I stopped at the 5th episode? Because, theres literally a girl who masturbades to another girl and her eventual suffering that she causes... They're not even discreet about it she literally just reaches her hand down her skirt and after a little while its covered in white liquid... Did I mention this was in the middle of a gun fight? Ive seen some bad anime, but theres something about this that just makes me wonder why they even make titles like this.

definitionofinsanity says...

This is probably one of the worst, most biased and overall butthurt mad reviews for an anime that I've ever seen. Which is saying something.

First of all, browsing through your recommended lists, watched animes and other reviews... Let's just say you saying people having to "be perverted" to enjoy a particular series is casting a shitload of stones in a glass house.

Second of all, if you don't like a series - fine. But insinuating that others that do like a series (ABOUT ANTHROPOMORPHIC ASSAULT RIFLES NO FUCKING LESS) are "pedophiles" is a new kind of pathetic. Don't. Just don't. You're being a complete dick by even attempting to go down that road.

Addressing some of your complaints about the series:

Sako masturbating: I didn't get it initially and didn't see the purpose. In the setting, however, there is a reason for why Sako is like how she is. Being an Rk 95, she is an AK variant (even chambered in traditional 7.62x39, so even more so), yet she is Finnish and thus "western" (but not a NATO member like many of her other Scandinavian cousins). She is between two worlds. Add to the fact that she's not exactly popular or respected and is, in fact, rather neglected and you can see why she'd have a flawed personality. "She's conflicted" is the understatement of the year.

That fits into the story. Because the whole premise operates on the "western" school facing off against the looming AK variant threat that opposes them and the school. Do I need to tell you that the Finns don't exactly have a stellar history with the Russians/Soviets? Now what do you think a national anthropomorphic stand-in for Finland who is a "half-breed" so to speak would think about her mortal enemy that she is spawned with? Oh, and isn't it interesting she came to school alongside Galil - who also hates the eastern bloc AK variants while being a "half-breed" herself?

Here's an interesting thought experiment: Watch Upotte! (in its entirety for once) and whenever you see Sako on screen, have a mental image of Satsuki Kiryuuin from Kill La Kill. Congratulations on finally examining a character more past their literal words and apparent actions.

[SPOILER]

Sako later even befriends and persues (enthusiastically) FNC/Funco as a romantic interest. If you'd bothered to have watched the rest of the anime, you'd even have seen Sako save Funco and her friends from an AK school attack on them.

Satsuki Kiryuuin

Sep 9, 2016
ForTheLoveOfLoli says...

Okay, update: I finished the series and I must say it was not one of the most interesting ones I have seen, and I won't rate it very high either. But it's not for reasons you specified. Rather trhat it just does not turn into an interesting story, nor is the humour very good, and too much of it all depends on coincidence without any explanation given.

Oct 13, 2013
ForTheLoveOfLoli says...

You don't need to be a pedophile to enjoy this show. That's nonsense. The girls in this show are in middle school. A pedophile is someone attracted to girls aged 12 or under. Look it up in the DSM IV or V.

Also, I do not play any computer games, and haven't for 7 years. Even on my cellphone.

Of all the animes you listed, I only saw Strike Witches.

SO... watch out with what you're implying. ;)

I watched this for the moe, sure, but not for my sexual arousal. Also, I was pleasantly surprised about the amounts of information given about the history of military rifles since WWII, which also seems quite accurate. All in all, it is an enjoyable anime.

SAKO's masturbation scene was just to illustrate her pleasure in the pain and defeat of others.

Last... a 2 for the animation? You are MAD, sir.

Oct 13, 2013
SexileS says...

Well im not a gun otaku(i mean i do like guns but not obsessed with them), im not a pervert, neither am i a pedo, i guess you could say i like moe, but im not a fanboy, and school setting doesnt matter to me. but for some reason i really really liked this anime(except for the perticular episode you mentioned. and i hated Mr. japanese teacher). but otherwise the action was great, and it was rather informational for some things i didnt know. I wouldnt say this si the greatest anime ever, its certainly not my top favorites, but i rather enjoyed this show.

PS. i'm not obsessed with Callofduty games, since i perfer RTS

Oct 21, 2012
PrinceVern says...

Agree with your review 100% @_@ I just don't know what genre mashup this is supposed to be, but I don't like it one bit~

Jul 24, 2012